My dream of becoming a published writer has been with me since junior high. I wrote lots of poetry in high school and a couple novellas. Since then, I've written two western/romance novels which still need some editing. Okay, who am I kidding? Lots of editing! I am in the process of putting a young adult (YA) book through the ringer so it can be submitted to agents.
Writing is definitely my passion, and over time I'll be posting pieces of poetry here. Besides writing, I enjoy hanging out with my family and friends. Many get togethers involve playing Spades or other games. Outside activities are great, too. Camping, fishing, boating, bike riding, walking. And sitting outside my house on a still evening is usually all I need to de-stress.
The purpose of this blog is for me to share...many things. I will talk a lot about my writing along with my path to becoming a published writer. However, I also would like to use this blog as a way to express myself. I've never thought of myself as a good speaker, but I can write. And I often feel I have lots to say, but I never say it. Here I can do so without fear of tripping over my words.
Just for fun, here's a list of some of my favorite things (in no particular order):
* The smell of rain after a thunderstorm
* Driving with the window down
* Catching up with friends I haven't seen in a while
* Listening to music that matches my mood
* A bright, clear sky full of stars
* Seeing a story or poem come together
* Banging on my keyboard (my Yamaha keyboard, that is)
* Reading, lots and lots of reading
* Being with my church family
* NASCAR, Sprint Cup Series (Junior fan all the way!)
Thanks for stopping by. If you'd like to contact me, you can email: email@example.com