Additional Information

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Movies

One of my favorite things to do during the holidays is watch Christmas movies.  I grew up watching Rudolph, Frosty, the Grinch, along with classics such as It's A Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street.  I could name a dozen more, but I'm sure you get the point.  Christmas just isn't complete without Christmas movies.  I watched Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer when it aired on TV a few weeks ago.  Earlier this week I rented Miracle on 34th Street and Prancer.  And to my dismay, I fell asleep during Miracle on 34th Street.  (I know, I know.  How could I do such a thing? But my exhaustion hit me like a ton of bricks!) Anyway, I finally was able to finish that one last night, and my husband watched Prancer with me.  If you haven't seen Prancer, you should check it out.  But be careful; if you have a sentimental heart like me, the ending will make you cry.  Over the next week and a half, I plan to watch It's A Wonderful Life, Santa Claus 1, 2, and 3 (with Tim Allen), and Jack Frost (the nice one with Michael Keaton, not the horror movie).

So I'm curious to know: what Christmas movies do you have to watch every year?

3 comments:

  1. Dale thinks I am crazy but I love to do that too. I would like to watch Tim allens again. I have only watched 1 and 2 though. I watch The Christmas Child by Max Lucado, The Christmas card, The Christmas Shoes, The Christmas Blessings, Grandpa for Christmas, and any I can get my hands on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas Shoes is good. I'm not sure I've seen the others you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are all so many good ones. Silly as it sounds, "The Muppet Christmas Carol" is one of the best interpretations of that story I've seen. They do take some liberties, of course; I don't remember Bob Cratchit having flippers in the book. Very touching, though, and I sometimes even watch it outside the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!