Today I thought I'd share a fun little post about what I have learned from my writing this year. Take a peek at the list below. Then share your own learning experiences if you'd like. Here goes:
1. The writing method I use today will be different a year from now. It may even be different tomorrow.
2. It's okay if my story becomes something other than what I planned.
3. I need a cheat sheet at my desk for using lay vs lie.
4. Cutting words can lower the word count but can also make room for the right words to be added.
5. Revision is not a shameful word.
6. Character emotions are better shown with a balance of physical actions and internal sensations.
7. Every character has a part to play or shouldn't have a part at all.
8. Spending eight hours editing thirty pages is okay if that's what it takes to get it right.
9. Writing few words in many hours is also okay if that's what it takes to get it right.
10. My knowledge will grow beyond this list, as it should.
Hope you enjoyed. Please share your own learning experiences below. :)