Okay, this really isn't a speech, but it is rather long. I hope you don't mind! I had intended today's post for last Friday's Celebrate the Small Things Blog Hop, but my internet was not cooperating. Therefore, I missed all the fun from last week's round of celebrations. Anyway, I'm excited to announce I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful J. A. Ward. Please check out her blog; it's amazing!
The rules for this award are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to that person's blog.
2. Answer eleven questions posted by the presenter, ask your nominees eleven questions, and list eleven random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate eleven bloggers who you feel deserve this award and have less than 200 followers.
4. Post the award on your blog.
So let's get to it!
Eleven random facts:
1. I don't like my belly button being touched (not sure why that pops into my head first).
2. My need for coffee is strong enough that my husband will insist I drink it.
3. I love my fictional characters almost as much as my friends.
4. I have a list of favorite names that I browse through when creating new characters.
5. I've always wanted to learn to play piano. I began teaching myself long ago and hope to get back to it.
6. When I first read Gone With the Wind, I cried for days.
7. I believe there's no such thing as too many books.
8. I keep my writing space clean; clutter makes me anxious and is too distracting.
9. I hate roses. My husband was instructed many years ago not to buy them for me. Purple or blue flowers I will accept, though.
10. My husband and I are in the process of adopting and hope to have a baby by the end of this year.
11. I love purple. Even people who hardly know me catch on to this.
Now to answer some questions:
1. Who is your favorite author and why? Wait, I can only pick one? So not fair! :) I'll say C. S. Lewis. I love the Chronicles of Narnia. The characters are great, and the stories are so fun. Plus, I enjoy the Christian elements added to the books. Lewis also writes great non-fiction.
2. If you could hang out with a character from a book or from TV for one day, who would it be and why? Marty McFly from the Back To the Future movies. I like his character, and traveling through time would be exciting, especially going back to the old west. I love that era!
3. Edward or Jacob? Or neither? Or both? Jacob all the way! Edward is too controlling and cold. I hate being cold. Jacob could keep me warm all day long. Plus, he's a loyal and honest friend.
4. What was your favorite book series you've ever read that wasn't Harry Potter? Since I already mentioned Narnia, my answer for this question will be the North and South trilogy by John Jakes. The stories revolve around the Civil War, which has always been a fascination of mine. There are so many characters I love and love to hate. Additionally, the books tug at all my emotions. I laugh, cry, fall in love, have my heart broken, mourn. Great books!
5. Do you have any pets? If so, what do you have? I have a beagle/shepard (I think) mix named Chip. He was found at a park and was going to be shot. We took him in with the intent of finding him a good home. He's still here. We fell in love with the little, rambunctious guy!
6. What aspect of writing do you find the hardest? Showing more and telling less.
7. If you could live anywhere for a year - all expenses paid- where would you live and why? Scotland. It's a beautiful country, I'd love to get wrapped up in its history, and I have family that came from there in the early 1900's.
8. Who is your favorite band/singer? One of my all time favorites is Reba. The first album I ever owned was For My Broken Heart. It was on tape and given to me as a birthday present when I was in grade school.
9. Name a celebrity crush. Easton Corbin. I'm a big Country fan. I love his music and he's dang good lookin'!
10. If you could go back and change your name at birth, would you do it? Nope. I love my name and its rarity. Charity isn't one heard often, although I know there are many others out there.
11. Favorite vice or addiction? Coffee! Lots and lots of coffee!
That was fun. Here are my nominees:
Nancy LaRonda Johnson
Christina Jean Michaels
In case you're wondering, I can count despite the fact that it's after 4am. The late (or should I say early?) hour is why I am breaking the rules and nominating seven rather than eleven bloggers. My internet connection has been slow, I've been sitting here for hours, and my eyes are burning. But it's all good. :)
Here are the questions for my nominees:
1. What's your favorite day of the week and why?
2. What inspired you to become a writer?
3. Where is your favorite place? Why is it your favorite?
4. If you could have only one story published, what would it be about?
5. Do you listen to music while writing? If so, what?
6. What item can you not live without and why?
7. What is your biggest pet peeve and why?
8. What color describes you most and why?
9. What is your favorite number and why?
10. If you could choose one genre to define your life, what would it be?
11. If you could change one event from your past, what would it be? Why?