Additional Information

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back to the Beginning

I had to take another break from editing my story; circumstances prevented me from working on the task.  And that's probably a good thing.  Editing is all about finding a balance, and I think I lost mine.  At some point I fell off the balance beam and didn't have enough enthusiasm to get back on.  I began dragging my feet because I didn't like the changes I was making, even though I believed they were necessary.  Most of the changes I am sticking with because I still believe in them.  However, I made one very big change that I've never been content with.  The removal of Part I.  I mentioned in a previous post that I thought maybe it wasn't as necessary as I originally believed.  Now I am reconsidering.  There is a lot of character development in Part I.  Actually, there's a lot of everything in Part I.

I'm probably over-thinking it.  And doubt does creep in occasionally.  This story is unlike anything I've ever written, and I want it to be right.  This is why I'm going back to the beginning.  In other words, I'm asking myself the following questions: what was the point of writing the story? what was the motivation? what is it supposed to be about? And I think I've got the answers.  My enthusiasm has returned!         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!