Additional Information

Monday, October 31, 2011

A Halloween Tale

Okay, what I'm about to tell you didn't happen on Halloween.  It actually took place during the summer when I was 9 or 10 years old.  But I'd like to share it anyway since today is the day of ghosts, gouls, and all things scary. 

My sister and I, along with a friend, used to attempt to perform seances.  I loved ghost stories and enjoyed playing near houses that were supposedly haunted, so the idea of calling up a ghost was exciting to me.  I know, morbid right? That being said, I didn't actually believe seances would work.  But we attempted them anyway just for fun.

One day we were inside a pop-up camper which belonged to my friend's parents.  We had a screen window open on one end and the door was shut.  With a burning candle placed at the center of the small table, we joined hands and tried to call upon a ghost.  Nothing happened.  No surprise there.  My friend and sister then went inside the house to get something while I stayed in the camper.  I stared out the window, not expecting to see anything.  I was curious when a large image passed by the window.  The image was more like a light, a large orange light.  Doesn't really sound spooky does it? I watched it go by, not sure what to think.  Keeping my eye on the window, I tried to figure out what it could be.  Then it went by again, heading the same direction it had before.  Now here it was the middle of the day, sun shining bright, and a large orange "presence" was passing the window.  (Someone once asked me if there was something outside catching the sunlight.  The person thought maybe I was watching a reflection of something.  But this wasn't a reflection.  It was in the air itself.  It wasn't shining against the window or coming through the window and landing across the surface of the floor or wall.)  So this light went by a few times, and then a smaller light went by one time.  I was convinced there was a spirit, whether good or bad I had no idea, circling the camper.  I sat motionless until long after the images stopped.  And needless to say, I haven't tried a seance since.  As far as I'm concerned, something was out there.  And you can't convince me otherwise.

Of course, now that I'm older and a Christian, I wouldn't dare try anything like that.  I believe in angels, and I also believe in demons.  And playing around with seances or ouja boards and the like, in my opinion, is asking for trouble.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!