Additional Information

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Love Books

I have a confession: I love books.  Some day I hope to have a large library filled with books.  There is an antique shop I go to occasionally, and I always have to go to the rows of books and run my fingers over them.  The older they are, the more I love to look at them.  Often I've been tempted to purchase a few, but I never do.  One thing I don't want is a room filled with books I've never read.  If I don't think I'll read them, I won't purchase them.  I bring this up because I've been noticing more and more people with their Kindles or whatever other electronic reading device they prefer.  Someone recently asked me if I would want one.  I didn't even have to think about it.  No way! I enjoy the experience of reading books too much.  Holding a book and looking at the artwork on the cover is part of the reading experience for me.  I enjoy browsing the bookstore too.  It wouldn't be the same for me if I was using a Kindle. 

I realize there are benefits to electronic reading devices.  For instance, they don't take up as much room as a pile of books.  Additionally, there would be no need to go to a bookstore to make a purchase, which would save time and gas.  But I just can't do it.  I can't swap all my books for one device.  And I think if I did have one, it would be too easy for me to download every story I want to read, and then I would never be caught up.

So, as they say: to each their own.  Some people love their devices.  Some people love their books.  Some people may love both.  Feel free to leave a comment to let me know which group you're in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!