Additional Information

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Finally Taking Action

One of my Christmas presents was the set of LEFT BEHIND books.  Before this weekend, I'd read every book except the last one which is KINGDOM COME.  (Well, I haven't read the three prequels yet, but that's irrelevant at the moment.)  I have loved this series since Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins began writing them in the '90's.  For reasons I can't explain, I am fascinated with "the end times" which is revealed through several prophecies in the Bible.  And I think the aforementioned authors do a great job of using scriptures to create a fictional account of what we can expect in regards to the end of the world.  LaHaye and Jenkins have done more than their fair share of research, and it shows in their writing.  So why am I telling you this?

I've been inspired. 

Surely it's no surprise that I'm passionate about writing.  But I also have a passion for American History and for Revelations, the last book in the Bible.  And over the last year and a half to two years I have felt God leading me to take action.  The phrase "Freedom Fridays" has been bouncing around my mind since I started this blog, and I think it's time for me to answer God's call.  I believe there is a lot of misinformation out there about the Constitution, the idea of separation of church and state, and the authority of the Supreme Court.  So sometime in the not too distant future, I will begin the "Freedom Series."  Posts for the series will be on the same day each week.  I may stick with Fridays, but I may not; I'll have to let you know that at a later time.  And I will continue posting on other days updates about how my book is coming along, how the query process is going, etc., and whatever else I feel like posting about.

Additionally, I am currently writing devotionals for The Olive Branch.  And there, I will begin writing a series about Revelations.  Those posts will be posted once a month, probably on the first Saturday/Sunday of the month, though I have not decided that for sure.

So how is all this related, and why am I inspired? Jesus is coming back some day.  It could be today, tomorrow, next year, or centuries from now.  I don't know; nobody knows except God.  But I want to do my part in making sure people know the truth.  I am aware there are many who will not agree with what I have to say, and that's okay.  And I will encourage any feedback/comments, whether in agreement or not.  These two series will not be about preaching to people.  They will be about reaching people with the truth.  If someone disagrees with what I post, it will be important to discuss that opposing viewpoint.

For my praying friends, I ask that you pray for me.  I have never done anything like this before, and I admit I am way out of my comfort zone.  But this desire has been placed in me, and I cannot ignore it.  God gave me a passion for writing, not for speaking.  And I want to use my that passion for Him.  I hope you'll stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!