Additional Information

Monday, May 14, 2012

Three Nominations!?!? *Honored*

What an "awarding" weekend it was.  I received my first ever blogger award, and then I received another.  And then I received a second nomination for one of the awards.  So I'm feeling pretty good, but don't worry; I won't let it go to my head.  To give credit where credit is due:  randi leeKatharina Brendel, and Julz Perri ~ You girls rock!


Now to share the details.


First award (nominated twice):  SUNSHINE AWARD



Thanks to randi lee and Katharina Brendel for this one!

The way the award works is this: you copy the above award picture into a post and link back to the person who gave you the award.  You then must either answer ten random questions or give seven random facts about yourself.  Then spread the award along to ten other bloggers by tagging them!

So I am going to answer ten random questions.

1. Pantser or Plotter? More of a pantser, I guess.  But that doesn't mean I don't plan or plot anything ahead.
2. Do you listen to music while writing? Absolutely.  Mostly country music because it matches my moods and the moods of my characters the best.
3. What genre do you write in? Romance mainly.
4. Books on writing you recommend? Haven't read any. *blushing in shame*
5. Which are your favorite authors? Louis L'Amour and C. S. Lewis today.
6. How long have you been writing? Off and on for 17 years (since Junior High).
7. What is your favorite part of the writing process? Since I'm more of a pantser, my favorite part is watching the story develop as I write.

8. How do you capture ideas when you are on the go? I keep a notebook with me at all times.  I jot down anything that comes to me.
9. How do you handle bad reviews? With a grain of salt.  And chocolate.  Chocolate fixes everything right?
10. Worst writing mistake you make: Comma usage.  I often second guess myself and take out more of them than I should.


Who am I going to nominate for this award? These awesome bloggers:
Carissa Taylor
Lady Dae
Mary E Quigley
Author Alden
Sincerely Sarah
Avery Olive
Diane Carlisle

Okay, I didn't get to ten, but that's because lots of love has been spread.  In other words, the people I would nominate have already been honored! :)

Second award: VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD

The rules of this award are simple:
~Thank the person that nominated you.
~Share seven things about yourself.
~Nominate seven other versatile bloggers.


So a huge THANK YOU to Julz Perri for this honor.

Now let's see if I can come up with seven random facts.
1. My favorite colors are purple and blue.
2. I hated my red hair as a child.
3. I once had an invisible friend named Spotty. 
4. I sing along with the radio while driving down the road, but I probably look like I'm talking to myself.
5. My favorite cerel is Fruity Pebbles.  I could eat the whole box in one day!
6. My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip ~ Breyer's is the best.
7. The first time my husband told me he loved me, I told him not to tell me that.  (We'd only known each other for a month! But now we've been together for 12 years.)


And without further ado, I'd like to nominate these wonderful peeps for the Versatile Blogger award:
Christy Kate McKenzie
S. P. Clark
Sincerely Sarah (yep, this one too!)

Three instead of seven.  Ditto what I said above!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Charity! This has been a month of awards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it has. The blogger fairy has travelled far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Charity! I can't wait to flash off my new award and post it on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Charity! Way to go--Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know-- I notice a lot of us are passing on awards to the same people... And I think that's very cool :-) It's like our own little blogging community is being formed.

    I love the notebook idea. It's so simple and I should have thought of it ages ago--- think I'm going to have to steal that one!

    Congrats on your awards- you very much deserve them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again! I've finally got my post up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!